Place real or artificial plants in multiple places in the aquarium. Group 2 or 3 plants close together to form a safe hiding place for the baby guppies. They will attempt to hide in the plants so that the adult fish won’t eat them.
How do I stop my guppy fry from being eaten?
There are several ways to prevent this.
- Planted Tank. One way to give your baby guppies or “fry” a fighting chance is to densely plant your aquarium. …
- Spawning Box. Another method of saving guppy fry is the spawning box. …
- The Spawning Tank. In this method, you move the pregnant guppy into its own spawning tank. …
- When to Mix.
How do you protect guppies?
Here are a few ways in which you can prevent your guppies from devouring their babies.
- Separate The Guppy Female When She Is Pregnant. Guppy fry have a smaller chance of surviving when there are many adult fish in the tank. …
- Use A Breeding Box Or Net. …
- Provide Hiding Places By Growing Plants Or Using Tank Decorations.
How often should guppies be fed?
Feed adult guppies once or twice a day. At least one meal should consist of live food. Unlike young fish, whose frequent meals support rapid development, adults function well with fewer meals.
How long do baby guppies need to be separated?
If you don’t want more babies, you’ll need to separate your male and female fry once they reach about 6 to 8 weeks old. You’ll be able to determine the sex of your baby guppies when they’re about 1 month old.
What do guppies like in their tank?
What will I need in the tank? Like most fish, guppies love having lots of gravel to poke around in and lots of places to hide – this is why plants and decor can come in handy. Before investing in plants and gravel though, you need to ask yourself whether there is enough room.
How many guppies should be kept together?
Guppies should be kept in trios – 2 females to each male. Yeah, this is so important we’re sayin’ it twice. Not only does this better the chances of reproduction, but female guppies are also less likely to become territorial than males- so you’re more likely to keep a peaceful aquarium.