How do I keep my 3 month old entertained?
Other ideas for encouraging your baby to learn and play:
- Gently clap your baby’s hands together or stretch arms (crossed, out wide, or overhead).
- Gently move your baby’s legs as if pedaling a bicycle.
- Use a favorite toy for your baby to focus on and follow, or shake a rattle for your infant to find.
What is the normal weight for a 3-month-old baby?
Baby weight chart by age
|Baby age||Female 50th percentile weight||Male 50th percentile weight|
|2 months||11 lb 5 oz (5.1 kg)||12 lb 4 oz (5.6 kg)|
|3 months||12 lb 14 oz (5.8 kg)||14 lb 1 oz (6.4 kg)|
|4 months||14 lb 3 oz (6.4 kg)||15 lb 7 oz (7.0 kg)|
|5 months||15 lb 3 oz (6.9 kg)||16 lb 9 oz (7.5 kg)|
How do you play with a 3-month-old?
Helping baby development at 3-4 months
Play together: sing songs, read books, play with toys, do tummy time and make funny sounds together – your baby will love it! Playing together helps you and your baby get to know each other and also helps him feel loved and secure.
At what age do babies roll over?
Babies start rolling over as early as 4 months old. They will rock from side to side, a motion that is the foundation for rolling over. They may also roll over from tummy to back. At 6 months old, babies will typically roll over in both directions.
What milestones should my 3 month old have reached?
- Raises head and chest when lying on stomach.
- Supports upper body with arms when lying on stomach.
- Stretches legs out and kicks when lying on stomach or back.
- Opens and shuts hands.
- Pushes down on legs when feet are placed on a firm surface.
- Brings hand to mouth.
- Takes swipes at dangling objects with hands.
Can 3 month olds get bored?
Although a very young baby can’t hold toys or take part in games, even the newest of newborns will get bored and lonely if his caregivers don’t interact with him during most of his wakeful periods.
What is normal behavior for a 3-month-old?
By 3 months, baby should reach the following milestones: While lying on tummy, pushes up on arms. While lying on tummy, lifts and holds head up. Able to move fists from closed to open.
How many Oz should 3-month-old drink?
2 For example, a 3-month-old baby weighing 13 pounds needs about 32 1/2 ounces a day. However, some young babies of the same age may drink 22 ounces a day, others may need 34 ounces or more.