Bleach, oven cleaners, and other cleaning agents can harm an unborn baby. You should limit your use of these chemicals and take protective measures when you use them. Until your baby is born, you might want to consider having someone else takeover any house cleaning that requires toxic substances.
What cleaning products should I avoid while pregnant?
Cleaning and Pregnancy: Recommendations
- Glycol ethers. These are toxic substances found in household cleaning products like oven cleaners and have been associated with miscarriage, decreased male fertility, and birth defects. …
- Phthalates. …
- Avoid spray and aerosol cleaners when possible. …
- Avoid air fresheners.
Is Clorox safe for pregnant?
Yes, you and your pregnant wife can continue to use Clorox® Regular Bleach2 to clean, whiten and disinfect your clothes as well as disinfect areas around the house.
Can you use cleaning products when pregnant?
On the whole, it’s safe to use cleaning products during pregnancy, as long as you take a few precautions. There isn’t a great deal known about the effects of commonly used cleaning products, so it’s best to take extra care when cleaning during pregnancy.
How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
How Can I Keep My Vagina Clean During Pregnancy?
- Do use a plain unperfumed intimate wash for the vulva or the outer part of the vaginal region.
- Don’t use a vaginal douche(where water is flushed up the vagina), this can flush out the good bacteria and might actually raise the risk of an infection.
Is it OK to vacuum while pregnant?
Mopping and vacuuming can aggravate sciatica, a painful inflammation of the sciatic nerve that runs from the lower back down the entire leg. It’s common during pregnancy because of weight gain and/or pressure of the uterus on the nerve, and chores that require you to lean forward at an angle can worsen it.
What happens if you inhale chemicals while pregnant?
If you inhale (breathe in) solvents, you risk liver, kidney and brain damage and even death. During pregnancy, exposure to (coming in contact with) solvents, especially if you work with them, may cause problems for you and your baby, including: Miscarriage.
Can I bleach my hair during first trimester?
“Generally, as with most exposures in pregnancy, waiting until after the first trimester to dye or bleach one’s hair is advisable,” Aziz tells Allure. “After this period, the risk of chemical substances harming the fetus is much lower.”
Can hand sanitizer hurt a fetus?
Although hand sanitizer has shown to be generally safe for both mom and baby, in addition to an effective way to clean your hands, it is not the CDC’s first recommendation.
How can I clean my bathroom while pregnant?
These three are particularly cheap — and effective:
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle to make an all-purpose cleaning solution for countertops, tubs and tile.
- Baking soda makes an excellent hard-water-stain remover in your tub or shower. …
- Use hydrogen peroxide instead of bleach.
Is it bad to smell Lysol when pregnant?
The amount absorbed through your skin will not harm the fetus at this … Lysol will most likely not cause miscarriage or birth defects however it may cause stomach upset and diarrhea.
Does your VAG smell when pregnant?
Your vagina’s pH levels change
A change or increase in odor — while likely occurring because of your fluctuating hormones — may also seem more pungent to you because your olfactory senses are also heightened during pregnancy.