What is the fastest way to heal a baby rash?
Diaper Rash Treatments
- Cream or ointment with zinc oxide or petrolatum (petroleum jelly). Smooth it onto your baby’s clean, dry bottom before putting on a clean diaper.
- Baby powder. …
- Antifungal cream, if your baby has a fungal infection.
- Topical or oral antibiotics, if your baby has a bacterial infection.
When will baby rash disappear?
What’s the treatment for newborn rash? No treatment is needed. Erythema toxicum usually goes away on its own within a couple of weeks, with all symptoms gone by the time the baby is 1 to 4 months old. Don’t try to pop any of the bumps or use ointments or baby oil on them.
How can you tell if a rash is serious?
Serious Rash Symptoms
- You have a rash that covers the body. This indicates something concerning, such as an infection or allergic reaction.
- You have a fever with the rash. If this is the case, go to the emergency room. …
- The rash is sudden and spreads rapidly. …
- The rash is painful. …
- The rash is infected.